Last Updated: 29th September 2020
We know that things are hard for everyone at the moment. Be it the stress of being home at home for so long, not seeing friends and family, or the uncertainty of what is going on, we want you to know that you are not going through it alone. Let us help you and your family find a way forward.
Face to Face Counselling
Slowly and safely, we are returning to offering face to face counselling, but for the time being, there is a limit of two counsellors in the office at any given time. We have also put the following measures in place:
- Clients should arrive at the time of their appointment – they will not be allowed to wait in the waiting room.
- Clients should avoid paying by cash where possible – a card reader is set up in the waiting room to take card payments. You are also encouraged to pay via bank transfer, but the payment must be sent 24 hours before the appointment to ensure it enters our account in time for the session. A session will not be able to go ahead if we haven’t received payment.
- Parents will not be allowed to wait in the waiting room for their children, and will have to drop them off at the door, and collect them afterwards.
- Children are encouraged to bring their own pencil cases.
- Hand sanitiser has been placed in every room.
- Face masks are mandatory during sessions, under guidance from the government and BACP.
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19, or have had a positive test, please inform the office and do not attend your session.
- If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected with COVID-19, or have been contacted by a contact tracer, please inform the office, and do not attend your session.
- If we are contacted by a contact tracer regarding an individual, either client or counsellor, in the interest of public health we will have to disclose the dates and times you were present at the office. No other information regarding sessions will be shared, and all information discussed during counselling sessions remains confidential.
- We will contact you if your therapist, or any other staff member you have come into contact with has had a positive test.
Advice to Counsellors/Students
- Placement interviews and supervision are currently taking place via Zoom or telephone.
- Please pay via bank transfer before supervision sessions, otherwise they will not be able to take place.
- Please familiarise yourself with our Working With COVID-19 policy in preparation for your return to the office. We will contact you as soon as we have availability.
- Any other questions, please contact the office.
Research carried out by Mind has shown that over two thirds of young people have said their mental health has gotten worse during lockdown. We want to be able to help as many of these people as we can, but we can’t do that without your support. If you have anything to spare, please take a look at our donate page to see how you can help support us. Alternatively, please contact us.